Thursday, August 02, 2012

Last Day

Today was Grace's last day at daycare. While I'm excited to be able to spend these next few months at home with her before the baby comes, she always had a lot of fun there and I think she will miss seeing her little friends.

We were really lucky to find this spot for her. She's been going to an in-home daycare with just three other kids. One of the guys that B works with takes his daughter there and he told B when there was an opening. We were looking for childcare and I knew I wanted Grace in someone's home rather than in a daycare center, it was just a matter of finding that right home that we were comfortable with.

When we went to meet K, I got a good vibe from her right away. At this time Grace usually needed some time before she would let someone new pick her up, but she let K hold her right away - a good sign. I took Grace over for a couple hours for a few days in a row, then left her by herself for a half day. I won't lie, I cried a little leaving her there the first time. Not because I was worried, I just wanted to be able to stay home with my baby and didn't want to go back to work.

Grace has been going to K's house for the past 7 months. She has had so much fun and learned so much during her time there. She's brought home many crafts and pieces of artwork that she's done, and they've taken trips to the Discovery Center, the farmer's market, the museum, and went on the ferry across the harbor. They've played a lot outside and helped bake yummy treats on rainy days. Grace was the youngest but loved trying to keep up with the big kids.

She was happy as a clam when I picked her up today. They had hummus for lunch (Grace's favorite) and she gave everyone a big hug before she left. We'll be going for a visit sometime soon because I know Grace will miss her friends, and K!

No comments: