Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Dolly

This is Dolly:


I've had her for my entire life. She was given to me when I was just a few days old, from one of my Mom's best friends. You could say I was slightly attached to Dolly. She was with me 24/7 for the first few years of my life. She's been through a lot, including getting decapitated by a lawn mower when I left her outside. Thankfully, my sister found her in two pieces and Mom was able to sew her back together. Dolly was my comfort item; I actually remember sucking my thumb and rubbing her smooth skirt between my fingers on my other hand. When I got older, Mom put her away for me and I've kept her with me again for the past few years. I want to put her in a shadow box on the wall, but B thinks she's creepy. 

This is another one of my doll's from my childhood: 


I don't remember if she had a name, but I remember really loving this doll. I guess that's why I hung on to her over any of the others. I found her again when we moved, so I scrubbed her up and gave her to Grace to play with. 
"Hi Dolly"

"Lay down"

Kisses for Dolly



Dolly going for a rock on Jimmy

Dolly tossed aside so Grace could have a rock on Jimmy :P