Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Weekend Without Photos

       As I sat down to write this, I realized I hadn't taken any photos this weekend! Strange, because I usually take a few a lot of photos of Grace every day. We were fairly busy but still, you'd think there would be a few shots. The whole family gathered at Granzilla and Grampers' house on Friday night for dinner to celebrate their 30th anniversary. I don't have any pictures from this because I was too busy cooking. (Who am I kidding? We all know B was cooking, but I was helping and prepping dessert while Grace was being entertained by her grandparents, aunts and uncles). We weren't sure what to make because we wanted it to be something both Zilla and Grampers would enjoy. We decided on some nice steaks and potatoes on the bbq, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, and corn on the cob. For dessert we had apple slices with a delicious cream cheese and caramel dip. It was a success! The weather was awesome, food was good, we played some washers - it was a great night!

    It poured rain all day on Saturday. We stayed in our jammies for a good part of the day and it was lovely. I thoroughly enjoy a lazy, rainy day once in a while. 

    B had a softball game this morning and I got a bit of a sunburn on my arms, chest, and the tops of my feet.  I am usually very vigilant about applying sunscreen, but I only put some on my face today. Lately I'm so focused on making sure Grace doesn't get a sunburn that I am neglecting myself. I need to ensure that this is my last sunburn of the summer and keep applying the sunscreen!

No comments: