Thursday, July 28, 2011

Little Miss Chatterbox

I love listening to Grace babble. We have in-depth conversations all day long. I ask questions or talk about what we're doing, and she always responds with something insightful.
    Me: "Grace, should I buy broccoli or asparagus for supper tonight?"
    Grace: "Na dadada"
    Me: "Good choice. I was leaning towards asparagus anyway."

It's even better when something comes out of her mouth that actually sounds like real words! She tries to mimic us and it's the cutest thing!
A few weeks ago in our sign language class we were learning the sign for "all done." We were signing it and saying it over and over, and Grace said "all done!" (Okay, it was probably more like "ah duh" but she was definitely trying to copy us and it really sounded like "all done!")
She said "Hi" back to Auntie Murr the other day. I'm constantly encouraging her to say "mama" but she usually responds with "dada" and smiles, or just shakes her head.
Yesterday when I was getting her dressed, B was laughing at some of the faces she was making. I said "Is Daddy laughing at you?" and she said "Dada la" which we translated to "Dada laugh!" It was so cute!

No comments: