Sunday, July 03, 2011

Cottage Country

    We had an awesome day at my aunt and uncle's cottage on Saturday. Grace absolutely loved it! She loved being outside in the sun, loved the breeze coming off the ocean, loved Duke (their dog), and loved just hanging out with everyone. She went down easy for naps, slept well (must have been the salty ocean air) and woke up happy and ready to play.
    Auntie Murr and I decided to go for a spin on the Waverunner. I've never driven one before and Auntie had driven one years ago, but we figured it couldn't be that hard. Well, it wasn't hard, but Auntie was nervous and we had a few close calls! I thought for sure I was going to take an involuntary dip in the ocean. Thankfully, we made it back to shore without getting too wet. Uncle Matt took Auntie Murr out for a ride and they weren't as lucky. Apparently the water wasn't that cold once you got in! I went out for a much more enjoyable ride with cousin Shane, who knew what he was doing. Maybe next time I'll try taking it for a cruise myself! It was a great day spent with some awesome family.

Auntie Murr is not happy after being dumped in the ocean!
Relaxing at the cottage
Cousin showing off  ;)

    Today we spent the day with Granzilla and Grampers. We brought the Jolly Jumper down with us and Grampers hooked it up so Grace could use it in the middle of the living room. I don't know who was having more fun - Grace jumping, or us watching her. She was smiling, jumping, grunting and having a great time. We played a few games of washers and Zilla made some delicious ribs for dinner with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yum!

Catching some air!

Just hanging out in Zilla's garden

No comments: