Friday, July 06, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers


  • Gracie is sick. It is heartbreaking to see her so miserable. 
  • She's had a fever for two days. Tylenol or Advil brings it down, but it's back up when the meds wear off. 
  • I was surprised at how much vomit can come out of such a little person. I think she's only thrown up once in her life before this. 
  • We had a great day at the lake on Wednesday, our first time there this year. At first Grace didn't want to play in the water or the sand. I was surprised because she loves the sandbox. 
  • She loved my holding her in the water; I was up to my waist and as long as she wasn't actually in the water she had a great time watching Murr, Jenn and the boys swimming. 
  • She did get her feet wet and splashed around eventually, and played in the sand for a little while. 
  • Uncle Robbie and Auntie Sharla are in town and came for a visit yesterday. Grace was sick and a little crabby but she warmed up after a few minutes. They're coming back tonight so I think she'll be more engaged with them. 
  • Grace is still picking up new words every day. Some of her latest are 'ten-ture' (temperature, since we've been saying it so often the last couple days with checking for fever) and 'weeeech!' (reach) when she's struggling to reach something that she can't quite get. She is making small sentences too.   
  • Grace has a set of foam letters for the bathtub, that stick to the walls and the tub. Whenever we play with them, I point out the letters to people's names that we know. G for Gracie, Z for Zilla, D for Daddy, etc. Two nights ago she walked into the bathroom for her bath, grabbed the letter J and said "Nonny!" (Uncle Johnny). Then she grabbed the D and said "Daddy!" She's a smart cookie! :)
  • Find more leftovers here!

2 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

Yay for learning letters! I've been doing the same with Presley and I held up an O the other day and she told me it was a circle!

Danifred said...

Sorry Grace is sick. That's the worst!