Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Questions

I've read these questions on a few blogs that I follow, so I'm going to play along!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I like wrapping presents, unless it's something really oddly shaped, then I'll cheat and put it in a gift bag. I also wrap each individual stocking stuffer. That's the way my mom did it and I love it!


2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. After having an artificial tree for a few years living in apartments, I love having a real tree again!


3. When do you put up the tree? Usually mid-December. This year was a little later than usual. 


4. When do you take the tree down? Never before New Year's. 


5. Do you like eggnog? I'm not a huge fan of eggnog. I like to have a few sips, but will rarely drink a whole glass. 


6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember getting a doll that had a little disc in its back. On one side it laughed, on the other side it cried. The year we got our original Nintendo (our big gift for the 4 of us) was a memorable one too. 


7. Do you have a nativity scene? No. 


8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad. But we draw names so I didn't have to buy for him this year!


9. Easiest person to buy for? Grace


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, or deliver in person if I know I'm going to see the person over the holidays. 


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A scrunchie and two packs of gum. My brother will never live that one down!


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppets Christmas Carol


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year I started in October! I've never started that early before. Usually November/December. 


14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. But I knew the person I was giving it to would actually like and use it, I wasn't just passing it off. 


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love all the sweets at Christmas time! And on Christmas Eve at my parents house we always had lots of yummy appetizers. 


16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights.


17. Favorite Christmas song? I love the Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton Christmas album. It doesn't feel like Christmas unless I listen to that!


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. 


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. 


20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have an angel this year. 


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one present on Christmas Eve - new jammies to wear to bed that night!


22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who don't know how to park properly in a parking lot. 


23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I love homemade ornaments. See this post for my favorite. I also have metal icicles that my Grampy made, and some ornaments from my Nanny and Gramma that are very special to me. 


24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm just looking forward to spending time with family, eating good food and making memories!

1 comment:

The Tompkins Family said...

!!!! Another person that loves that Christmas CD! I grew up listening to it and I love, love, love it!!