Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers


  • I got home last night with Grace around 6:30. Surprise! We had no water. Our street has been ripped up over the last few weeks and they are replacing the water pipes. We had been on a temporary water hook-up and after a few phone calls I found out we were being switched back to the city water. Thankfully, our landlord just had to flip a switch downstairs and we were back in business!
  • Auntie M and I took Grace to the beach yesterday. She's been to the lake many times, but it was her first time at the beach on the ocean. 
  • I found it a little stressful having her at the beach. I let her play in the sand and tried not to be too uptight, but of course I had to spend the whole time trying to stop her from eating sand and beach rocks. At the lake she plays with the grass, but doesn't try to eat it that much, and I can sit her in the shallow water to splash around. 
  • Plus, we're not geared up for a day at the beach. I knew we wouldn't be there long because I don't have an umbrella or anything for shade, or anything that she would sleep in. I suppose I could have dragged the stroller through the sand... 
  • The lake we go to is so close to Grampers and Zilla's house that we just walk there when we need some shade or a nap. 
  • This morning I put Grace down for a nap while Blankie was still in the dryer. I tucked her in with a cute monkey blanket that is nice and fleecy but not quite as soft as Blankie and hoped for the best. She fell asleep within a few minutes! 
  • I'm thinking perhaps we should stock up on soft, fleecy blankets. 
  • Need more leftovers? Head over here!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Hadley doesn't like to sleep without her blankie.. it's hell.

I prefer lakes. We have both lake and ocean within 5 minutes of our place but I will pick lake every time if given the option.

The Tompkins Family said...

No water when you have kids sounds horrendous! Thank goodness it was just a quick flip!

Courtney said...

stopping bu from FNL. We always kept an arsenal of fleece blankets cause both of our boys loved to snuggle them :)

Danifred said...

Babies + Beach = Ton of work
I've always loved the beach, but man, it's hard work with little ones.