Thursday, August 04, 2011

Cooking 101

I'm a terrible cook. Well, maybe terrible is a bit harsh, but I am not a good cook. I don't enjoy cooking at all. Thankfully, I have a husband who loves to cook and is really good at it. He cooks supper and I do the dishes; this has been our routine for years. While I was pregnant, I said that I would start cooking supper since I would be home on maternity leave. Well... that hasn't exactly worked out. B often almost always cooks supper when he gets home from work. (I do help, I'm not just sitting around while he does all the work!) I need to change that. My plan is to start trying some different recipes, and find some dishes that can be my 'go-to' meals. I might even try a meal plan starting next week and see if that helps me.

Since it wasn't a very nice day today, I decided to make a big pot of spaghetti sauce. This is one meal I don't need a recipe for! Actually, I can make a pretty good spaghetti sauce.

Now that I've written it down, let's see if I can stick with this goal!

1 comment:

The Tompkins Family said...

Good luck! This post could have been written by me a couple of years ago. When Sammy came along, I started making suppers (some REALLY bad ones) and now 2.25 years later, hubby swears I might just be a better cook than him...and that's saying something since he's FAB! If I can do it, I swear you can too!