Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Another Girl with a Blankie

I mentioned here that Anna was already starting to show a preference for a blanket. She will rub it on her face and it seems to be the reason she has started falling asleep on her own rather than being rocked to sleep. Today I realized she may be more attached to this blanket already than I thought! I took the girls to Costco this morning and they were great while we were in the store, but they were both tired and fussy on the way home. Grace was asking for her blankie, which was at home. I told her to ask Anna if she could borrow her blanket, thinking that she wouldn't want to, but she did. From the backseat I heard "excuse me, Anna, may I borrow your blankie?" It was pretty cute. I passed her the blanket and gave Anna a toy to play with. Anna kept fussing so after a few minutes I gave her the blanket back. She settled almost immediately and went to sleep! Grace fell asleep a few minutes later, too.

I am not at all opposed to Anna wanting/needing a blanket for comfort. In fact, I'm glad she likes that particular blanket because we have two of them! After Grace became attached to her blankie I looked for another one but couldn't find any. Having a spare this time around could come in handy.

No comments: