Friday, May 02, 2014

Easter Recap 2014

Grace was really excited about Easter this year. She was pumped when I brought out the decorations, which isn't much! She started taking a couple stuffed bunnies to bed with her and kept asking how many more sleeps until the Easter Bunny would come. On Easter morning she walked out of her room and said sleepily "is it Easter?" When I said yes, she ran down the hall to the living room and was so pumped to see a few eggs hidden around the room! She could see from the patio door that there were some eggs hidden in the backyard and couldn't wait to go get them. But when I suggested we just go outside in our jammies, she said no, she had to "put on something pretty and something cozy." Um, who is this kid?

Something pretty and something cozy
The girls each got a few small gifts from the Easter Bunny but the real highlight was the egg hunt. We put Smarties, Eggies, and stickers in a bunch of plastic eggs and hid a few in the house, and most of them outside in the yard. They didn't get much chocolate other than that, and I'm glad I didn't buy more because I'm sure I would have ended up eating most of it myself! Grace loved the egg hunt so much I almost wished we had hid more eggs. She even let Anna find a few ;)

We spent the afternoon at Zilla and Bampers' house. It was a gorgeous day so we spent most of it outside, complete with an egg toss! I think we'll make it a new Easter tradition.


















No comments: