Saturday, February 25, 2012

14.5 Months

I started a 14 month update post but never finished it. I haven't been blogging as much since going back to work! Here's what's new with Gracie:
  • I think it's fair to say that she is a walker. She will still crawl if she wants to get somewhere quickly, but for the most part she struts around on 2 feet. 
  • She has 11 teeth. She recently got 4 molars, all at once. It was not pleasant. 
  • Her vocabulary is increasing daily! I'm not sure how many words she knows now, probably in the 20-30 range. She is constantly mimicking us and repeating things we say. Some of her latest words are Elmo, hummus, more, and please. 
  • She likes to dance. She does this little shimmy with her shoulders, especially when we say "wiggle wiggle wiggle!" She squats and shakes her little bum too, it is so cute!
  • She still loves the water and always has a ball when we go to swimming lessons. 
  • She likes to give high five's and blow kisses. 
  • She's starting to give kisses. Before when I would ask for a kiss she would give me a hug and lay her head on my shoulder. Now she leans right in and puts her lips on my cheek. Melts my heart. 
  • She loves to read. She plays with her books far more than any of her other toys. I love when she grabs a book and walks over and plops herself down in my lap to read. 
  • She wears size 4 shoes and mostly 12-18 month clothing. 

1 comment:

The Tompkins Family said...

She sounds like such a joy!!