Monday, August 17, 2015

Sandcastle Contest (...the day after!)

The annual Sandcastle Contest at Clam Harbour Beach was yesterday. I briefly entertained the thought of taking the kids but, I know it would be too much for them Anna. Grace would have loved it, I'm sure, but you really need to make a day of it and I knew Anna wouldn't last more than a couple hours. 
Auntie Murr and I decided to head down to the beach this morning. We hoped we'd see some of the sand sculptures but didn't say much to the kids because we weren't sure what would be left on the beach. We were pleasantly surprised! We were able to enjoy and appreciate all of the sculptures, play on the beach, and splash around in the waves without the huge crowd that comes along with the actual day of the contest. Perfect for the little ones! 













No comments: