Tuesday, April 14, 2015

That's What She Said

I haven't done one of these posts in a while! I try to keep a record of funny things the girls say in my phone but I often forget to type them up, and then forget entirely! Some of these are older (from the past few months) but still funny and cute. 

Anna: We love dis song! (said about almost every song that comes on the radio while we're in the van)
Grace: You always say that, Anna! You don't even know this song!

Lennan: I luh dis song!
Anna: No you don't, Buddy! You don't like dis song!
(I find it so funny when Anna takes on the big sister role when Grace isn't around! When Grace is at school, Anna will often say or do things to Lennan that Grace usually says or does to her).

Anna: Ca c'est pas bon, Lennan! (This was one of the first bits of French that Anna picked up from Grace. Imagine that.) 

I went to pick the girls up after a sleepover with Zilla and Bampers and as soon as I walked in the door Anna said "We went fwimmin' in da pool! And Gaycie went fwimmin' with her jacket on!" They hadn't gone swimming, and mom said she hadn't mentioned any of that to her before this. Makes me wonder if she was telling me about a dream she had! 

Brian: Grace, stop doing that (she was popping bubble wrap that was used to wrap some of our Christmas decorations)
Grace: (looks at Brian, confused) But... it's bubble wrap. I have to.

Grace: "Regarde, Maman! Tout les amis ont un collant!" (I'm not sure if I wrote that right, but I'm pretty sure she was saying it correctly! She had put stickers on a bunch of her stuffies)

Grace, as I was picking her up from school: "Maman, regarde! Ma main est bleu!" (they had been painting that day!)

Me: Grace, did you clean up your room like Daddy asked?
Grace: No, Anna did.
Me: Oh, that was nice of her.
Anna: No I didn't! I just make da mess!

And one more thing: Anna has an amazing vocabulary and mispronounces things less and less often now, but she still says "hup colder" instead of cup holder and it's so cute. We'll be getting in the van and she'll say "put my milk in the hup colder!" 

No comments: