Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Clothes


So, this is what Grace's room looked like this morning (well, last night. I went in to check on her before I went to bed but I wasn't about to clean it up then!) When I asked her what happened she said "well, um, I, um, well, I was looking for my nightie and I had to move all of those clothes."
That's her latest thing - changing her jammies when she's supposed to be sleeping. She is obsessed with changing outfits lately. It started innocently enough - we'd come in from outside and she would want to change into a cozy pair of jammies. I never thought much of it and told her to go ahead. Now she changes her outfit a couple times a day and has started changing her jammies at night after we do stories and snuggles. If I ask why she changed her pajama's she will usually say "I was getting sweaty" and had to put on something cooler. She always has a reason for changing her outfit during the day too - "I really want to wear my cozy pants." "I need to wear my tutu and my tapping shoes to dance." "I got some oatmeal on my shirt so I had to put on this one instead."
Now I just have to get her into the habit of folding things back up and putting them away. She is a pro facecloth folder and likes helping me with the laundry so I guess I better teach her how to fold pants and shirts!

No comments: