Monday, June 10, 2013

Food!

Over the past couple weeks we've started giving Anna some solid food. She was showing lots of signs that she was ready but when we tried to feed her she would not open her mouth for the spoon! When I did manage to sneak some food in she pushed most of it out and made some pretty funny faces. Avocado, sweet potatoe, and rice cereal all got the same response.It kind of threw me off - Grace was a very enthusiastic eater right from the start.

I started doing some reading on baby led weaning. Anna loves chewing on things and I started thinking maybe we might have more success if she could control what was going into her mouth. I will admit I was/am a bit nervous about introducing larger pieces of food right away but decided to give it a try anyway.

A few nights ago I gave Anna some soft baked sticks of sweet potato and a quarter of an avocado. It went well! She loved squishing everything in her little hands, and I'm pretty sure she ate more avocado this way than she did when I tried to feed it to her!

First food - Avocado

Much more interested in the spoon

Avocado - Take 2

Sweet potatoe

Mum-Mum

A quarter of an avocado - she was much more interested in this!

Banana!

1 comment:

The Tompkins Family said...

I love her expression in the first pic!

We had a right go transitioning to solids with Sammy. I often wonder if I had known about BLW if it would have been the answer.