Friday, March 08, 2013

On the Mend

It's been a loooong two weeks. Sickness has gone through out whole house but we seem to finally be on the mend. It started with Grace getting a cold which gradually got worse. We took her to the doctor and it turned out she had an ear infection. This is the second time she has had an ear infection with no fever, just cold symptoms (runny nose, cough). She was given antibiotics and is back to her happy self. Then Brian got sick with a cold/flu, then Anna was stuffed up (but thankfully didn't get much worse than that). I've been battling a cold all week and am finally starting to feel better.
I must admit it was tough dealing with a sick, whiny toddler and a stuffed up baby that doesn't nap, while being sick myself. I got frustrated and lost my patience a few times and felt like a crappy mom. But Grace gave me lots of snuggles and said "S'okay Mommy." When I told her I had a cold she said "You cold, Mommy? Get on couch, I get you a blanket." She is seriously the sweetest person ever.
I'm really looking forward to relaxing this weekend and getting out again. It's been a couple days since we've been outside to play! I'm really looking forward to sleeping tonight since Brian will be getting up with Anna. Thanks husband! :)

1 comment:

The Tompkins Family said...

Yay to being on the mend! I really think that being a sick mom is the hardest thing. So trying on the patience when you just want to shut the world away and sleep!