Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

We don't usually do much for Valentine's Day, but I usually give Brian a card and he usually brings home flowers. Earlier in the week I was at the drug store and picked out a card. I didn't look at the price, assuming it would be $4-5. I think cards are ridiculously expensive anyway, so when I got to the cash with my card I was shocked to find out that the card was $8. Eight dollars! Brian, I love ya, but I'm not spending $8 on a card. I didn't buy the card and I told Brian about it later - he just laughed. Grace and I made him a card instead. Homemade cards are the best kind anyway. 
I dressed the girls in red and pink and we went to Wee Bears. Grace handed out her Valentine's and got some from the other kids (and so did Anna). 



1 comment:

The Tompkins Family said...

I agree, nothing beats homemade.