Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers


  • Almost every day this week Grace has boycotted her afternoon nap. She will babble happily for about half an hour after I put her in her crib, then she gets mad and wants to come back out and play. She hasn't been cranky, so I guess she's telling me she doesn't need the extra sleep?
  • I can't wait to take Grace out on her sled! It's at Zilla's, so maybe we will get to try it out this weekend. 
  • I love how easy it is to make Grace laugh these days. 
  • Grace is not much of a meat eater. We always offer it to her, but she usually spits it out. Last night I cooked some chicken in a marinade that we had gotten at the Farmer's Market (from the same guy that makes our favorite strawberry jam!) and I was surprised that she actually liked it! I gave her some of the leftovers today for lunch and she wouldn't touch it. Sigh. 
  • She's recently started liking hummus. It's funny when a baby has garlic breath. 
  • We finally got one of those hard plastic things for the floor to go under her high chair (the kind you put under an office chair so the wheels don't scratch the floor). We have carpet in our dining room and we've been meaning to get one for a while. Grace's new found love for blackberries made this even more necessary. 
  • It's still hard to believe that my baby will be one soon!
  • Find more leftovers over here!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Hadley is a meat eater.. she will eat all of the meat first, then go back for the rest.

Ugh, we have carpet too.. where did you get it and how much? PM me??

Mrs. B. said...

Hooray for hardwood floors here! Ny's favourite is blueberries, lol.

Danifred said...

Thank goodness for floor coverings and dogs, the mess is endless!

In our house, we have a carb lover and a meat lover. Dinners usually involve some sort of trading or sharing of food ;)

Kristin said...

Here from FNL...Grace sounds like she's at a truly delightful age.

I love that she likes hummus.