Monday, May 23, 2011

My First Mother's Day

It was two weeks ago, but I want to write about my first Mother's Day. 

        Leading up to that weekend I was joking with B, saying how important Mother's Day was since it came before Father's Day and would determine how his day went ;) I told him he didn't have to buy me anything, but that I wanted us to do something as a family. On Saturday, I got home around supper time after volunteering for a fundraiser for Mom's work. B had put together a slideshow that I watched with Gracie while he finished making supper. B is an awesome cook and we had a delicious meal: chicken cordon bleu, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, and mashed potatoes with truffle oil. So good! In the dining room were a dozen roses, cute cards from B and Gracie, and a spa gift card for a massage! On Sunday morning we went out for breakfast, then spent the afternoon with Granzilla and Grampers. It was a lovely weekend, and a memorable first Mother's Day! I'm going to have to step it up for Father's Day! 

Love

2 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

That picture is sooooo sweet! Sounds like it was the perfect Mother's Day!

Mumoo said...

I am back reading these - this is way awesome. Glad that you had an amazing 1st Mama's Day. Now I am hungry :)