Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mama

Anna has recently started calling me "Mama" and it is quite possibly the cutest thing ever. She has never called me that, even when she first started talking. She only ever heard me called "Mommy" by her big sister, so I'm sure that's why she skipped "Mama" and started calling me "Mommy" right from the start. She's been talking so well for so long, that it sounds so sweet to hear her say "Hi Mama!" or "C'you hold my hand, Mama?" or my latest favorite, when she wakes up from a nap too soon and is still tired "I wanna dance with you, Mama" and insists we put on No One by Alicia Keys (still her favorite song) and slow dance in the living room with her blankie. Seriously, sometimes these kids are so cute I feel like my heart might explode.

1 comment:

The Tompkins Family said...

Love this! Both of my girls still call me Mama and I love it and hopes it stays forever!!!