Friday, June 22, 2012

Do I Really Want to Know??

On Tuesday I had my 20 week ultrasound. Yup, halfway there! It was awesome to see our little babe moving around in there; I always love ultrasounds.
Yesterday, I saw my doctor and she had the report from the ultrasound. In it was the gender of the baby! When I was pregnant with Grace, our hospital didn't put the gender in your report. If you wanted to find out you had to go to a private clinic and pay for a 3D ultrasound. We didn't want to know anyway, so it wasn't an issue.
This time around, we've been back and forth with the idea of finding out what we're having. So yesterday I had my doctor write the gender on a piece of paper and put it in a sealed envelope so B and I could open it together. When I got home from work he wanted to open it right away, but now I'm having second thoughts! I really loved not knowing what we were having, and having B tell me it was a girl in the delivery room. The envelope is sitting on the counter, unopened. B said if we aren't going to open it, we have to burn it! :P
I guess we better figure out if we really want to know or not!

2 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

Oh, wow!! You're already halfway!! Gosh, that is tough knowing the answer is RIGHT THERE! We loved the surprise both times but I'm not sure I could be that strong if the answer was literally at my fingertips.

Our Sampson Family said...

I dont know how you have the willpower to not look. I couldnt do it!