Friday, April 13, 2012

16 Months

What's new over the past month?
  • Grace's vocabulary continues to expand. She is a little chatterbox! She is starting to learn a lot of family members' names - Zilla (Granzilla, aka my Mom), Bapers (Grampers), Murr, Matt, Mike, Nonny (Johnny), Becky, Wob (Rob), Sarla (Sharla), Meme, Papa, Towee-a (Victoria). 
  • She tries to run! Her arms move faster but her legs don't (yet).  
  • She loves to play hide and seek. She'll go hide in the dining room, then slowly peek her head around the corner to see if I'm looking for her. She's not the greatest hider, her giggles always give her away. 
  • Grace loves playing outside. I'm so glad we've been getting some nice weather lately!
  • She loves playing with her puzzles and is getting quite good at putting the pieces in the right spots!
  • She still loves being read to, and now has a few favorite books. She will take one off the shelf, bring it over and pass it to me, then back herself up to sit in my lap to read. 
  • Grace's hair is getting long, and always in her eyes. I try to keep it back in an elastic (clips are a no-go, she's been taking them out for months) but she will often pull the elastic out too. I just don't want to cut it yet...

1 comment:

The Tompkins Family said...

Presley does the backing up thing too with a book. I love it!