Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rainy Day Memories

It's been raining since we got home from Cape Breton on Monday night. Grace was a little restless this morning so we decided to go outside and play in the rain! Brian is still off work so he stayed in with Anna.

Grace and I headed outside in our pj's and rubber boots, and walked next door to the basketball court to jump in puddles. It was one of those moments that I used to think about when Grace was just a baby. As much as I enjoyed snuggling her when she was little and lamented the fact that she was growing up too fast, I often thought about all the fun things we would eventually do as she got older, and the memories we'd make. Jumping in puddles and playing in the warm summer rain were things I loved as a kid. We would walk down to the lake in the pouring rain, wearing just our bathing suits, and splash in all the puddles on the way down, then go swimming. Since we're not within walking distance to the lake, Grace and I settled for the puddles in the basketball court. 

I love seeing her so excited! She was happy to be outside in the rain (which we haven't done much lately because I haven't wanted to bring Anna out in the rain with us). We ran from puddle to puddle, splashing each other and getting soaked. I don't want to forget her excited little voice saying "Here's another one! Follow me, Mommy! Jump like this!" She just mastered jumping with both feet off the ground over the past couple weeks. We chased each other around, her little bum peeking out of the top of her pyjama pants as they got wet and started falling down. It was so much fun. I didn't want to bring my camera out in the rain so I don't have any pictures, but I want to remember this day!

It's the little things. 

No comments: