Monday, April 29, 2013

Chatting with Gracie

Grace: Anna, get out of my house!
Me: You can't kick Anna out of the house.
Grace: She can go with Zilla!

"Sing louder! Whisper. Sing louder! Whisper." - She does this often when we're singing, and loves when I alternate between yelling and whispering the words. She does it herself, too.

"Come on, Bampers! Let's sing together!" - Not what Bampers wanted to hear, but he sang with her anyway :)

Me: I have a cold.
Grace: You cold, Mommy? Get on da couch. I get you a blanket.

"I like your slippers. They're pretty neat."

"I like your shirt. I like your arm. It feels nice. It's very soft."

"Let's do it!!"

"Eat your supper, Bear. And don't growl." - after bringing Bear to sit with us at the table one night.

"I can't wait to see my Johnny!" - said after Johnny and Becky were away for a week.

Me: You're beautiful.
Grace: Is Johnny beautiful?
Me: Johnny is handsome.
Grace: Just like Daddy!

"It's very... It's very garbage out here. It's very stinky out here. I think Daddy farted out here." - said while we were walking to the post office and she noticed the garbage in the ditch.

I put it in my pocket for safekeeping. - I'm pretty sure she picked this up from Dora.

And her favourite questions to ask people lately: What color your eyes? What's your full name? (She knows her full name as well as Anna's, mine, Brian's, and Bampers').
She also loves to introduce herself. "Hi! I'm Grace!"

No comments: